Based in Montreal, Quebec
PS4: May 02, 2017
GNOG is a wondrous journey through a universe of playfully interactive monster heads. Explore a myriad of unique interconnected heads and the worlds they carry within, as you try to decipher each one's quirks and advance to the next. Interact with the outside to change the inside and vice versa to reveal the exit!
GNOG is the brainchild of illustrator and toy enthusiast Samuel Boucher. Originally conceiving a 2D puzzle game, Sam teamed up with Montreal's KO-OP collective, and began full-time work experimenting with wild ideas and puzzles. Since collaborating, the game has morphed into a 3D puzzle adventure, where each head contains a unique universe with its own set of rules and puzzles inside of it. Combining natural, physically-based controls with dynamic soundscapes and a mysterious narrative, GNOG is the synthesis of stunning art direction and joyful interaction design. GNOG is funded through the Sony PubFund Program and is supported by Double Fine Productions.
- Each Gnoggin is a unique and fully realized micro world of puzzles
- A beautifully twisted style that keeps you wanting to play to find out what the next Gnoggin will look like
- Puzzles ranging from spatial Rubik's Cube mind benders all the way to time manipulation
GNOG Steam & VR Launch Trailer YouTube
GNOG iOS Launch Trailer YouTube
GNOG PlayStation Launch Trailer YouTube
GNOG Level Teaser - SUB-01 YouTube
GNOG Level Teaser - VORT-X YouTube
GNOG Level Teaser - PURP-L YouTube
GNOG - Official Trailer 2 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IGF Nomination, Excellence in Visual Arts, GDC 2016" -
- "IGF Honourable Mention, Excellence in Audio, GDC 2016" -
- "Spotlight Selection, Fantastic Arcade 2015" -
- "Winner, Best of The MIX, Media Indie Exchange 2015" -
- "Official Selection, INDIECADE E3 Showcase 2015" -
- "Winner, Best Art Direction, Montreal Independent Games Festival 2015" -
- "Top 10 games at E3 2015, Paste Magazine" -
- "Top 5 Indie Games at Pax East 2015, GameTrailers" -
- "Official Selection, Double Fine's Day of the Devs 2014" -
- "Official Selection, HORIZON 2014" -
- "Official Selection, Indie MEGABOOTH GDC Showcase" - Game Developers Conference, 17 March, 2014
- "You are like a puzzle-solving dentist deducing how to get your mad monster party of patients to say 'AHH.'""
- Zack Kotzer, Versions - GNOG is virtual reality’s most unabashedly joyous toy
- "From the look of its trailer, there's equal parts Hohokum and Windosil, huge constructs that vaguely evoke everyday objects whirl around to present their intricate inner workings."
- Phill Cameron, Gamasutra - Road to the IGF: KO_OP's GNOG
- "Best described as a cross between Hohokum and a Mighty Max toy, Gnog is an exploratory trip-out that takes place inside the floating heads of various space monsters."
- Zack Kotzer, Motherboard/Vice - 16 Games We Want to Play in 2016
- "Anyone who needs further convincing that Double Fine is a company that is interested in the weird and the wonderful need only look at Gnog"
- Colin Campbell, Polygon - Bizarre puzzle heads are staring at you, in Gnog
- "It's a kooky idea brought about with lots of style and verve, based on its debut trailer, and developer KO-OP has attracted quite the backers for this whimsical affair."
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer - Quirky puzzle adventure GNOG revealed for PS4 and Morpheus
- "On top of all this, GNOG boasts some dazzling design."
- Chase Ramsey, Kill Screen - Get Inside A Monster's Head in GNOG
- "KO-OP Mode's biggest, perhaps weirdest project is GNOG, an unreleased yet critically acclaimed puzzle game."
- Jess Conditt, Engadget - Things get weird when an artist collective makes a video game
- "I was in love with Gnah! the second I saw it."
- Graham Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun - Interview: Gnah! A Windosill-Inspired Game About Heads
- "I can’t help but stop and stare at the peculiar faces of GNAH!"
- Chris Priestman, Indiestatik - GNAH! Is An Upcoming Puzzle Game That Will Send Your Head Spinning
KO_OP is a unique, award-winning game studio focused on the creation of visually arresting avant-garde games. They recently released GNOG for PlayStation, iOS, and Steam – a title which has earned them a prestigious IGF nomination, numerous awards, and industry recognition.
More information on KO_OP, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ramsey Kharroubi / Marskye
SFX and Additional Music