Based in Montreal, Quebec
PC / Mac / Linux
Please Don't, Spacedog! is a hilarious and frantic simulation played with the Oculus VR and an AKAI LPD8 MIDI controller set aboard an absurd intergalactic spacetruck. Try to keep your co-pilot Spacedog from destroying your ship and the universe by interacting with a myriad of panels and displays -- each requiring precise button presses and fine tuning -- while the Oculus obscures your hands. Smart pilots avoid black holes -- great pilots fly them blindfolded!
Please Don't, Spacedog! was KO-OP's first Oculus design experience. The team wanted to explore the uniqueness that something like a VR headset could bring to the medium of video games, and wanted to explore (and mess with) expectations rather than taking normal control paradigms and shoe-horning them onto the VR experience. Using a MIDI Controller to model the inside of a spacetruck meant players have to confront unfamiliar territory, breaking the idea of immersion and embodiment in the game.
- Oculus VR support with a unique twist: play the game with an LPD8 MIDI Controller
- The inability to see your hands as you try to tweak knobs and punch in button sequences leads to comedic disembodied play, subverting and messing with designing for "immersion"
- A 2 player mode (currently in testing) where one player wears an Oculus and uses the LPD8, and the second has a monitor and keyboard - but has to wear punching gloves and manage to type in intricate sequences into the keyboard
- Exhibition Only - please request a build if you'd like to feature Please Don't, Spacedog!
There are currently no trailers available for Please Don't, Spacedog!. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection, ALT.CTRL.GDC" GDC San Francisco, 19 March, 2014
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Designing for the Oculus with Spacedog
Interview with Indiegames.com about VR design indiegames.com.
About KO-OP Mode
KO-OP Mode is a game collective based out of Montreal inspired by indie music labels - a collection of artists working both together and independently and supporting each other.
More information on KO-OP Mode, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Please Don't, Spacedog! Credits
Ramsey Kharroubi / Marskye